Facebook is one of the most popular social networking sites we have today, however, it is important to hide certain things on your Facebook profile from the general public. Most people do not know how to enable their privacy settings, which exposes all their sensitive information to every Facebook user.
There are, however, some Facebook users who wish to hide almost everything about them from others. But such users still experience difficulties when it comes to how to hide friends on Facebook.
If you have been searching for relevant information on how to hide friends on Facebook, this is for you. Even if you do not want your Friends list to be visible to any other Facebook user except you, read on to learn how you can achieve this.
If the settings of your Facebook account is public, it means anyone can access every information on your profile. You may need to consider changing those settings if you care about your online privacy.
In order to keep your friends list secured from being accessed by everyone, changing your privacy settings is imperative. To get the job done, simply follow these steps:
- Open www.Facebook.com on your favorite browser.
- Login with your details on the Facebook Home page.
- Click on your name close to the home icon on your account's homepage.
- On the timeline profile that opens up, you will find a Friends icon under your cover photo, click on it.
- On your friends page that shows up, click the manage button with a tiny pencil icon on it. You will find this icon at the right-hand side.
- On the drop-down menu, click on Edit Privacy.
- On the Edit Privacy window that shows up, click on Only Me from the drop-down menu which represents the Who can see my friends list.
- Once you are done with this, click on the Close icon to save your changes and close the box.
Now no one can see your friend list except you. Your friends will only be able to see the friends they have in common with you (mutual friends).
Here is a video for you if you have trouble in applying the above steps: