The scenario you have just described is beautiful even though those little hands may not look that way. Food color stains can be stubborn, and in such cases, you will need to use some unique approach that is suitable for it. Here is what I used to do:
- Assemble your simple tools ready for the job. Get clean water, preferably running water, with baking soda, vinegar and a wash cloth;
- Start off by rinsing the food coloring as much as possible;
- Then, make a paste using water and baking soda. Rinse it and gently rub the baking soda into the skin, rinse the paste and apply vinegar again;
- After the stain has been removed, you need to rinse or wipe the skin until it is clean. If you find it necessary, you may repeat the process.
As you carry out the whole process, you need to pay attention to a few issues:
- Make sure that you don’t allow the young ones to get the vinegar or baking soda into their mouths. This will keep the children from getting hurt;
- Do not scrub the child’s skin too hard because this may cause unnecessary damage to them. Be careful and gentle in your approach.
Hope I have answered your question of how to remove food coloring from hands.